Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Feminine Birthday card for best friend

BFF: best friend forever--her 2013 birthday card creation

Birthday card using lots of blue-green hues

It was soooo good to be creating a card instead of grading papers or fixing 'babies' (Baby Think It Over babies for parenting class students) or grocery shopping for one or more food classes! I just LOVE when I get the chance to be creative and especially love when I coordinate an extremely eclectic grouping of items and techniques to create a charming card.

The embossed-edged card is from Studio G. I used a peacock blue-green ink pad (also from Studio G) to apply color to the embossed edge in order for it to 'pop'. The white doily was also bordered with the same ink application. Studio G's "make a wish" stamp was used to create another bottom border.

A circle of white tulle was folded, crimped, and trimmed at each end in order to overwhelm the card.

The paper heart shape is from a set of memo pads purchased a few years ago from Current Catalog. I felt that since Valentine's Day was only a few weeks back and I have also know my BFF Susie since we were in first grade, a heart focal image for her birthday card was very appropriate. Half of the ribbons are from Martha Stewart Crafts ('congratulations' and 'best wishes') or from Studio G. The epoxy brad and the chipboard flower (inside) are also from Studio G.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the final results:



No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.