Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

PPCC blog 373 anything goes theme using a Sketchy Saturday layout

Celebrate...Let's Party!


Office Retirement card using Dr. Digi's "Photocopy Phoebe" (Isn't she phabulous?!!??!)



My image and rest of the design team members' images are using Dr. Digi's (#373 prize sponsor)



 Di's Digi Stamps is a 2nd prize sponsor for #373.


PPCCB or PPCC blog is usually how I shorten the blog name. The blog also can be found as Penny's Challenge. Above is their badge. Below is their link for the new post giving you all the details on how to participate: 


getting started: I've got the black and white digital image colored with a mix of markers and colored pencils.
I was "inspired by" Laurel's Sketchy Saturday March 24, 2018 layout suggestion so I just stretched to the card design to fit a horizontal orientation instead of vertical. The image of "Photocopy Phoebe" with the extra stamped sentiment of "Celebrate" became one element instead of two (circle shape replaced with fabulous Phoebe).

Her link: https://laurelseabrookdesigns.blogspot.ca/2018/03/sketchy-saturday-with-fancy-pants.html

Other notes:
a. base card is a dark violet cardstock
b. the 3 designer patterned papers are from the Bright Photo Mats stack from Colorbok
c. the patterned papers have helped with my main color palette of yellow-green/chartreuse, violet, and navy blue
d. the accent colors are gray, olive green, light blue, and magenta pink
e. the inside edges have been inked with several layers of colors (blue, violet, and black) but when photographing it is just looking blackened
f. stars are outlined with a fine tip gel black pen but it's hard to see that detail in the photos
g. confession: the glass in Phoebe's hand (if you decide to purchase the image) will appear differently in the sponsor's website and will have several splash droplets above the glass; I wanted to simplify that area plus I don't drink liquor or alcohol so I just made the glass dark purple.




In person, the colors and details show better...trust me! This is definitely a celebratory fun card!

Until next posting, Becca





1 comment:

  1. What a great card - that image is too funny! Thanks for playing with my sketch!

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.