Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Thursday, May 19, 2022

The Great Stash Bash Kit for May 2022

Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! I'm getting a bit behind to gathering what I want to get accomplished with my kit that I've put together based on Lisa's and Lori's challenge The Great Stash Bash. The number of projects I want to get accomplished with this kit is huge like the gathered supplies. And I don't have everything selected either! But this gathering I've done over the past 2 days will speed up the process for each card I make.

I've got at least 12 cards I want to do for DT commitments trying to work ahead with themes that I know are in the works. I'd also like to start a TN (new; came in a clearance spring pack bought through Peachy Cheap website) that is about me. I don't have children but I'm hoping it will be something that 1 of my 4 nieces or 2 nephews will want to have in the future. 

I'm also wanting to do a family birthday yearly calendar that I can do like a scrapbook layout and have it displayed near my computer. Something pretty to be keep me on track! :) We just heard a few days ago that my oldest niece/goddaughter is expecting baby #2 so there's another important reason to make sure I don't miss any special birthdates. 

And another wish list project is a monthly planner. I found a customizable/blank monthly calendar planner that I'd like to do as a hands-on with my DT commitments. 

The kit is so large I have to show it in 3 photos and even then several papers got buried! 


The bright summery citrus-hued flower embellishments are new and part of the spring clearance pack!!! It was a very good deal with all that I got and only 1/3 of it or less is showing up in this May kit! There are some details mentioned after the next photo that apply to this above photo so keep reading. 



Two new card kits from Simple Stories also arrived this week that were another clearance purchase from Peachy Cheap and elements from several of their suggestions will be mixed with some other products that are shown in the kit or will be pulled from my stash. A full sheet (4.5x6.5" sheet of a pink with green floral) and 2 scraps of pink with white Xs from The Mint Berry paper pad that I've picked to bash this year are included in this above photo. Two 6" square sheets (purple gingham and gray gingham) are from Hot Off The Press (Paper Wishes). The blue gingham, lake symbols, and a teal plaid in the top photo are new from a Lake Life paper pad that came in that spring clearance pack purchase!!! I'm needing to do some travel/vacation/tropical kinds, some whimsical, some fruits/baking/gardening, and a few other topics that will stay secret! 




In the above photo, there are 19 cardstock scraps of different sizes in mostly solid colors and a few that have a little marbling to them. The solid color full sheets are underneath the scraps and I think there are 8 sheets. Washi and decorative tapes are to the upper left in a variety of blues and lavenders. There are some new blue-hued jewels and some purple glitter butterfly die-cuts that are both new that came in the clearance spring pack from Peachy Cheap. Woot!!!


And guess what I forgot to gather??!! The enamel dots!!! I have a few but not many. I've got some pearl kind of glossy 'gems' that I'll probably use in navy blue, pale pink, and bright pink. 

There are at least 9 patterned papers/cardstocks of different sizes and a few of the larger sheets aren't full size. I've got more than 3-4 embellishments picked. There are lots of die-cuts/ephemera that have been pulled along with those shown washi/decorative tapes, blue jewels and 2 butterfly die-cuts. 

Time for bed to get rest so that I can start to create with all this!!!

Please visit Lisa H and Lori S to see what they've put together for their kits:

Lisa H

https://createdbylisa.blogspot.com/2022/05/lisa-loris-great-stash-bash-2022-may.html

AND

Lori S

https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/2022/05/lisa-and-loris-great-stash-bash-may-kit.html

They each have their own kits and do an excellent job explaining the how and why to their selecting processes. Definitely worth reading both of their postings!

Stay tuned in a future days and weeks to see how the majority of this gets used!!! YEA!!!


*********************

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S


owner of these 2 fairly new challenge blogs= FarmQuest and Heart's Quest 


6 comments:

  1. I see lots of pretty things to play with in your kit and it sounds like you have a good plan in place! I can't wait to see all of your creations! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! This forces me to do my advance thinking and planning as well as stash raiding. But it did save me work time on each individual card because I could just go to my stack and retrieve the next set of pieces to work with.

      Delete
  2. Now this is some stash buster you have going here - especially if you do use it all!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to!!! Need to work ahead. I plan to teach again in August and need to get as much done in advance for DT commitments and my 2 new challenge blogs before then. Fingers crossed! Thanks for taking time to comment, Maxine!!!

      Delete
  3. What a fun kit!! Love the colors, you are definitely going to rock the creating with this kit! Thanks for playing along with us for this month's Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash 2022!!

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.