Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, July 21, 2023

MTTCC #65 Cute Christmas Theme DT card for 21 July 2023

 Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! If you've visited my blog before, you know that I love creating Christmas cards! Christmas is a bittersweet day for me for a couple of reasons in the past 14+ years. I love Christmas because we recognize it as Jesus' birth. However 14 1/2 years ago, my dad died at 10:06pm Christmas Day. Then recently a younger first cousin Dan who was born on Christmas Day in 1966 was found dead on May 1. We just had a celebration of his life on June 24. Family gatherings as a young child were a bit confusing for a few years when Dan would receive more presents than everyone else. Besides his parents, my aunt and her husband would give them double gifts, so would our grandmother, my parents, our other uncle, and our/my other aunt. Ok. Enough reminiscing. 

WHAT: My Time To Craft Christmas challenge blog (MTTCC) #65 Cute Christmas theme

WHEN: July 21-August 2, 2023

SHOW and TELL: Charming Charlie Snowman Christmas card


1, text print and floral print cardstocks, the 3 die-cuts = ? Cottage Christmas paper pad

2. gold foil cardstock; with dimensional foam tape strips under

3. red and white checked gingham paper = Hot Off The Press via Paper Wishes website

4. glitter pain pen on the floral die-cut centers

5. thin twine tied in a bow = stash item

6. ladybug red ink pad for inking paper  and die-cut edges

MTTCC #65 blog posting link=


*********************************

other challenge blogs to share/link are:

A. Creative Knockouts challenge blog; current; Christmas in July; My card is Christmas with a snowman

link= http://creativeknockouts.blogspot.com/2023/07/499-christmas-in-july-alex-syberia.html

B. Craft Rockets challenge blog; current; Christmas in July; My card is Christmas with a snowman

link= http://craftrocketchallenges.blogspot.com/2023/07/challenge-105-christmas-in-july.html

C. Double D Challenges; current, started July 19; Christmas in July; My card is Christmas with a snowman

link= https://daranddiane.blogspot.com/2023/07/christmas-in-july.html

D. The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge Link-ups blog; started July 1; anything Christmas goes

link= https://12monthsofchristmaslinkup.blogspot.com/2023/07/challenge-102-anything-goes-christmas.html

and

FB groups = Mixed Media Creativity, PPPDTC, Paper Crafting For Everyone, Card of the Month--Just For Fun


*********************************

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S


(For August, my DT commitments will be with these 8 blogs: MTTCC, MTTC, TFATU, FQGS, FQCB, HQCB, CBCB, and AACB.)

10 comments:

  1. That certainly is a cute snowman image Becca - I hear you with the 'bittersweet' memories - Easter has that connotation for me.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your empathy! Blessings to you, Maxine!

      Delete
  2. A super cute snowman and a great design!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card Becca, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your card Miss Becca. And it was this card that got me to thinking to get involved with the challenge too. Blessings, Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Mary! And yes, I just saw your adorable Santa card! What a great flea market find!

      Delete
  5. Oh he is so Rolly Polly, super cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Christmas in July Challenge. Donna, DT Member. Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.