Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

topic: gate-folded card variation

Recently on Paper Wishes Message Board, the Swaps Team has issued 2 challenges (techniques of scoring and gate-folds or windows). I decided to create a birthday card for my best friend using the 2 techniques as well as some recent supply purchases (thanks to warehouse sale at PW)!

I didn't want the front 'folds'/sides to meet in the middle, so I off-set that as well as did a decorative edge for the front flap (traced and scored the edging from a template then lightly sanded and inked after cutting away the excess cardstock).

I also aligned the front flaps 'medallion' placement so that when closed you don't see the 'medallion' of the other flap.

The very inside center was kept simple. I used a HOTP Paper Pizazz card. I cut the cover to fit the size of this card. Since it had lots of repeating colors and the HB text, I didn't add anything else. (The front 2 flaps have the busy-ness--inked score lines, stamping, medallions, & flowers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.