Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, January 15, 2021

CHD challenge blog DT project for Jan 2021 Anything Goes Theme

Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! Even as a teenager looking to the future, I thought 2000 and 2020 would be very sci-fi, Star Trek, kind of un-real. The events of 2020 were not ever in my visions of the future! Thankfully, my overwhelming craft supply stash is keeping me entertained! :) Oh, yes! Being creative helps me manage my stress. I feel happy when I get a chance to experiment with colors, pattern prints, textures, and layouts! 

Createful Heart Design challenge blog is going to continue 2021 with monthly Anything Goes as the challenge. I decided in late December 2020 to select Mary's coloring page "Best Friends Forever" to make some belated wedding cards that I didn't get made this autumn. 

Best Friends Forever Wedding Card for #28 monthly challenge=



Design notes: brown kraft cardstock for base; CHD digital image printed on light blue cardstock and color-filled with colored pencils; pale pink cardstock for heart; chocolate brown with raspberry print paper has been in stash for 10 years; lettering and gems from Dollar Tree; red metallic foil striped washi tape is Jolee Boutique.


CHD #28 challenge post link=

https://createfulheartcards.blogspot.com/2021/01/welcome-to-challenge-28.html

CHD's shop link for BFF digital image=

https://marketplace.zibbet.com/createful-heart-design/best-friends-forever-coloring-page

CHD's blog badge=


******************************

Personal creative challenge #1 for 2021 is to use old cards' layouts from 2010 or 2011 for inspiration this year. This sympathy card layout is tweaked for today's wedding congratulations card:


The 2nd personal creative challenge for 2021 is to include either hearts or the word(s) heart or love onto my cards as a little subtle visual reminder to family and friends that they are loved.

+used pink cardstock in heart shape to back up the digi image

+yellow/amber heart-shaped gems

*********************

other challenges and groups where this card or posting will be shared:

a. Use Your Stuff challenge blog; theme = NEW; 

+red metallic striped washi tape was received from a crafty friend about 3 months ago

+heart gems were bought within the past month

+digi image is NEW to me provided by CHD owner, Mary Smith

link= http://useyourstuff.blogspot.com/2021/01/413-all-about-new.html


b. 100 Pattern Paper FB group= I haven't pulled a specific stack of patterned papers to use in 2021 but the chocolate brown with raspberry print paper is 10 years old--in the stash way too long. There's a challenge to try to use a mix set of prints--well, I didn't do it all with papers but I do have dots on half of the lettering, stripes on the washi tape, and then a tile-print paper. 


c. The Seasonal CardMaker FB group


d. Paper, Paper, Paper and Design Team Calls FB group


e. Mixed Media Creativity FB group


******************************

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S

Design team member for: [1] Createful Heart Design; [2] A Place to Start; [3] My Time to Craft; and [4] My Time to Craft Christmas

Happy New Year 2021