Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, January 15, 2021

My Time To Craft Christmas challenge blog NEW starting 15 January 2021

 Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! I've been on the design team for My Time to Craft for a couple of years now and I truly appreciate the owner, Shell's, laid-back easy to be part of the DT approach. She announced to us about 2 months ago that she was wanting to start a Christmas-based one. This is the very first challenge 'contest' for this new challenge blog!!!!

For the first 8 months of 2020, I participated in a weekly Christmas-focused card-making challenge blog. I really enjoyed that. So since Shell is beginning MTTCC has a spin-off of her MTTC and on alternating Fridays, I thought I'd try being part of the design team. Join us and get a jumpstart on your Christmas cards in order to reduce holiday stress at the end of the year!

1st theme for MTTCC--My Time to Craft Christmas is reindeer. Start date is 1/15/2021. Deadline date is 1/28/2021.




Design notes:

1. Santa on Rudolph is rub-on transfer from Carta Bella's "A Very Merry Christmas" set

2. heart stencil sheet is by Jot; purchased at Dollar Tree; bubble gum pink acrylic paint was applied with a sponge dauber brush and then red colored pencil was shaded over in order to get that watermelon red tone seen in the washi tapes

3. 2 washi tapes are part of a 3 pack set from Jolee

4. largest letters for "ho!" are from Simple Stories; the tiny tile letters are from Webster Pages

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MTTCC link for #1 Reindeers challenge posting=

link= https://mytimetocraftchristmas.blogspot.com/2021/01/here-we-go.html



**********************************************

My 1st personal creative challenge for 2021 is to copy-cat a sketch layout from a card in 2010 or 2011 to inspire me, so I have picked this teacher card from May 18, 2010 to revamp for this Christmas card shown up above. The similarities are: Santa strip is in about same location as the tree ATC card; there are 2 deer on right side like the 2 owls; the 2 washi tapes are crossed like the 2 ribbons. =


My 2nd personal creative challenge for 2021 is to include either heart shape(s) and/or the word(s) heart or love into my projects. After such a stressful year, I figured all my family and friends who receive my cards need to have some positivity. On this card, I have the heart stencils used again like I did on another recent DT project this month and the words 'love' and 'dear' show affection.

****************************************

other challenge blogs and Facebook groups where this card's photo or this posting will be shared:

a. Merry Little Christmas challenge blog

link- https://merrylittlechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2021/01/mlccb-30-january-anything-christmas-goes.html

b. Christmas Kickstart Challenge blog

link: https://christmaskickstartchallenge.blogspot.com/2021/01/christmas-kickstart-challenge-46-such.html

c. Mixed Media Creativity group in FB; 

d. Paper, Paper, Paper & Design Team Calls group in FB

********************************

Crafting in the USA heartland, Becca S

Design team member of these teams: [1] My Time to Craft Christmas; [2] My Time to Craft; [3] A Place to Start; and [4] Createful Heart Designs