Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Creating a non-traditional type birthday card

To do something special and unusual for my youngest nephew, I created a birthday 'card' book for him. Since he turned 6, the book has 6 cardboard (you can use heavy cardstock) pages covered front and back. I did lots of repetition with words, colors, and symbols of his 2 favorite types of toys.

I started with a 12" x 12" piece of cardboard and measured off for 6 equal sections. For the decorative cardstock or patterned paper, I started with approx 4" x 5" sections and did decorative scissoring around 3 edges. For the text, I chose Verdana font in either 24 or 26 pt. I wanted something bolder but still crisp and clean than Times New Roman. Other than that, including a variety of stickers, using a hole punch, and tying together with about 8 inches of ribbon in one of his fav colors, the book was completed.

Try this project for a little one in your life. (I'm not posting all 6 photos, but I'll include 2 photos on the blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.