Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

card topic: using new purchases from K & Company

Recently I did some online shopping trying to purchase items that would enhance what I already have in my stashes. :) It seems like I have to do this every 4 months or so to help recapture my creative mojo abilities.





K & Company's Wild Raspberry double-sided print papers are wonderful. For this featured card, I've used several coordinates and the tags are the reverse of each othe

r.

The background textured cardstock is from DCWV's adhesive mat stack. Love it! The size is perfect for the greeting card (5" x 7"). Scanning the color washed out a bit.

The layout was CASE slightly from Amy Nemeth's "miss you" card featured on page 72 of the Paper Crafts Magazine July/August 2011 issue. Amy had a bird print paper that was only scalloped across the top edge of her rectangle focal paper. I opted to use a scallop-edge circle template to trace my shape onto the Wild Raspberry patterned paper (thanks to Pebbles Accent Stencil Set purchased through Paper Wishes). Amy used a seam binding bow with a button/twine center located at the top left of her bird paper. I opted to go with a yellow sheer ribbon with a pewter gray brad at the bottom left. Amy had only sentiment text box that she located at the bottom right corner of her bird paper. I opted for 2 tags in about the same area.

I don't know how Amy completed the inside view of her card, but I use a 4" x 6" rectangle section of the 'flowery'side of the patterned paper used for the tags to be the feature inside. I finish it with a small sentiment text strip located in the bottom right corner of the paper.

Here's my version:

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.