Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Topic: 2 different looks from mixing papers from 3 companies

Last night I experimented with combining analogous colors shown in papers/cardstock from 3 companies and into 2 different layouts.

From Paper Wishes/Hot Off the Press' Paper Pizzaz is the yellow paper with circles. The ruby red mini brads shown on the gate-fold card.

From K & Company's Wild Raspberry double-sided paper pack are: patterns shown in the small 4 x 6 card are in the circle cut-outs (both inside and out) and in the gate-fold card are the folded pieces (reversed for 2).

From CardMaker's Kit of the Month brown patterned cardstock and "best wishes" tag shown in the gate-fold card and more of the brown patterned cardstocks shown on the small 4 x 6 card. Also from different kits of the months are the stamps used for the 4 x 6: "You made my day" and "thanks so much" and the 'floral spiral' (used 3 times with 3 different inks).

From my stash: gold metallic pen, metallic staples, adhesives. silk leaves, plain cardstock, orange satin ribbon, scissors, trimmers, & punch/stencils.

Here's the 4 x 6 thanks/made my day card:
(sorry=scanning has casted shadows)

Here's the gate-fold card: (I was experimenting with the double-sided papers and chose to use the 'arrow points' like tags. Don't think I will do it this way ever again. However I do like the mix of analogous colors!)

(sorry for the skewed point on the front; didn't want to take the extra minutes and re-scan)

Give me some feedback: do you like either card? do you like the mix of colors and papers?....

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.