Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Making a card using coordinated papers

Using coordinated patterned papers to make a birthday card

Female recipient

Posy flower and simple leaves

Last week was a crazy one full of family obligations, travel, battling the heat, and struggling with health issues enflamed by the heat. Squeezing in time to create cards was very difficult. I did a few quick and easy ones by embellishing pre-printed notecards. But by using a set of coordinated papers, I was amazed how quickly I put together this birthday card for an aunt:

front cover of card



inside completion of card

Some of the supplies/vendors:
1. The Ava Collection 2011 by Purple Paislee= all patterned papers
2. Studio G= gray ink pad, "make a wish" stamp
3. Martha Stewart Crafts= "best wishes" and "happy birthday" ribbons
4. Elmer Craft Bond adhesives/glues
 I had already had the 5 x 7 inches golden orange cardstock folded and the other patterned "mat" of cardstock came sized 4 x 6 so it just needed to be adhered. I just free-formed cut the leaves. I also keep a variety of stencil shapes handy so the 2 flowers and 1 rectangle were easy to get traced, cut, inked, and adhered. Easy-peasy!!!! A very summery sun-shining tropical retro looking birthday card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.