Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Christmas 2017 Sneak Peek

YES!!!! I'm excited because I wasn't sure with as crazy has it has been with all my husband's projects around our property and wheeling-dealing that I would have some quiet time to craft at the kitchen table.

Last week during 2 different crafting sessions, I've managed to get 7 cards made. Here's a look for one that I took time to photograph:

Finished folded size is about 4" x 6". Focal is a gift tag type card using just the front panel and moving the foam stick-ons from the back panel behind the front section.

Supplies: white cardstock, kraft brown cardstock, red cardstock, gold metallic decorative tape (http://www.scotchbrand.com/3M/en_US/scotch-brand/products/all-tape/decorative-tape/) , Hampton Art ink pad set, poinsettia clear stamp was a freebie with a UK crafting magazine subscription, glue stick, scalloped edged scissor,


More of the gold metallic tape along with some red masking tape also from Scotch (http://www.scotchbrand.com/3M/en_US/scotch-brand/products/all-tape/decorative-tape/), and a sentiment stamped in brown ink using another free clear stamp from the UK magazine completes the inside to complement the front panel.

And with the card standing open you can see that the unifying color create a pleasing combination. I created the total 7 made thus far in stages mounting those gift tag focals as first step. The pack of gift tags bought at Dollar Tree last winter had the wreath, deer, snowflake, and a snowman all in the same color palette.

Common for me is to NOT do more than a few cards that are exactly alike. I've got too too creative of a brain plus supply stash to do assembly type mass production!!! So hopefully before this Independence holiday week is over I can spend some time making some more Christmas cards with supplies on hand or even some sunflower/harvest theme cards for Thanksgiving. That's my intention. Oh, I've got some July birthdays and anniversaries to acknowledge, with last night making 2 for this week, so those will be featured in the next posting in a few days.

Busy crafting in the heartland, Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.