Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Feminine birthday cards in soft pinks, yellows, grays, and greens

What's more fun than creating a birthday card?

Making 2 birthday cards, right?!?!

The goal of my color and paper palettes was to have a cherub, heavenly muted appearance. The cardstock of the embossed raised panels blank card was a soft creamy yellow that I swirled 3 different inks onto. Then add on patterned papers, ribbon, and voila!!!

front cover of one (the other was almost a mirror image of this photographed card); I thought the "once upon a time" printed cardstock was a clever incorporation for a birthday!

Can you notice a difference in the inking application? One has long linear like strokes of base pink color and the other was swirled on.


 The inside of each card was kept very simple, however the dark teal green cardstock was a bolder choice. I felt like if I chose an olive green, the card would seem too light in tone effect.

I've had about 2 days off from crafting. I wonder what tomorrow will bring? Maybe back to upcoming winter cards or maybe get started on those Thanksgiving ones I've wished to do....????

From the heartland of America, Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.