Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, July 1, 2017

bright colorful geometric gender neutral card for a guy

Yea, I said gender neutral. Age-appropriate? It's for one of my husband's best buds who is 17 days younger than me (55). He's had some hardships lately and I felt he needed to have a colorful birthday card.

I've used some of the same pattern papers recently but in a totally different way.

Non-traditional card format: two 6"x6" light blue cardstock pieces twined together
Twine holes: 1" apart
Twine/cording: 3 different ones=yellow& white, blue & white, and red & black
Pattern papers, happy print patterned cardstock, glue stick, scissors, paper trimmer, black marker, Hampton Arts ink pads, small sentiment stamps,

Inside or back square page was kept super simple: on the left side going vertically down, I wrote large H. B. (for happy birthday) #55.

Here's front page:

And this is a glimpse of the back:


I've made some other cards too this week, including Christmas!!! Yes, I have tried for about 8 years now to get a few made in the summer months because it always seems like the fall gets so busy and complicated. I've got a quick make get well card to show and a sneak peek of the first Christmas 2017 cards to write about in a few days. So with a heart for creativity--Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.