Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, May 31, 2019

Make It Krafty Theme for MTTC no 398 Design Team Project

Kraft paper is the challenge theme prompt for the new bi-weekly, every other Friday, #398 at My Time To Craft blog


I decided to use the kraft cardstock as accent pieces. The kraft CS was laid over a brick wall patterned texture rubbing plate and colored with brown and raw sienna crayons. Two sections have additional crayon colors in order to add a sentiment word (Sympathy) and a butterfly border.


Design notes: 
a. center focal piece is from a coloring book; approx. 3.25" wide and 3.75" high
b. white cardstock is recycled packing insert from glue adhesive dots (!); 3.5" wide and 4" high
c. purple cardstock base measures 5" by 7"
d. the purple with blue flower patterned paper measures 4.5" wide by 6" high
e. washi tapes are from set by Pen + Gear
f. all papers and embellishments of butterfly and gem dots have been in my craft supplies for a very long time...feels good to get them used in spite of my aching heart today learning that my cousin's 30 year old daughter passed away two days ago

MTTC blog #398 ID badge and post link=




*******
Layout for this card was inspired by the new card sketch challenge at Paper Craft Crew #338=

I receive PCC updates through emailed newsletter. However I will provide a website link=


I turned the sketch design to the right 90 degrees. Instead of flourishes, I decided this would be great spots for the little brick wall textured accents made using the required kraft cardstock for MTTC. The gray ribbon area on the sketch became the 2 narrow strips of washi tapes that help reinforce the emotion behind the sentiment (sympathy). Some gem dots and a butterfly instead of the star help complete the card. 

****

Another blog link-up will be "A Inky Mess" #31 mixed media theme challenge that started 25 may 2019:

link= https://ainkymess.blogspot.com/2019/05/challenge-31.html

for evidence the elements include: coloring book focal using markers and colored pencils; texture 'brick wall' on kraft cardstock; glossy white cardstock, purple cardstock; purple with blue flowers patterned paper; washi tapes; gem dots; foil butterfly




Becca S

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss hunnie xxx

    Your card is beautiful, I love what your have done with your kraft elements
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shell! I just got home from the funeral service and church provided luncheon for the family about 45 minutes ago. With a sad heart, Becca

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.