Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Experimenting with styles, techniques, and influences

The 'love' card and the 'journey' patchwork card are the results I created for the PWMB October swaps challenge of "Like it, Love it, or Gotta Have it". We were challenged to take stripes to a different level--whether it was using striped paper or creating stripes with a technique (weaving, quilting effect, etc).

By being involved in this particular challenge, it really made me look at my supplies I purchased thus far through Paper Wishes (PW)/Hot Off the Press. It made me think about sizing, especially regarding focal elements (balance and proportion).

I also used stripes for my background papers with the October card swap. With that, some of the papers were metallics, so the sheen added a very nice element to a card that could have been 'okay'.

I challenge you, the reader, to see what you can do differently with striped paper or creating stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.