Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Anniversary card for special gal and her guy

Best Wishes for 2nd anniversary!


This special gal is my oldest niece who is also my god-daughter. She's chosen blues and browns as her main color combo for her interior decorating so I kept that in mind as I pulled possibilities from my growing stash. The bottom portion has 2 patterned papers and 3 solid colors of cardstock (cocoa, ivory, and chocolate) for 5 stripes instead of the 7 shown in the sketch.


On the left side is a very small image of the sketch layout I used for this card made last week or so. It is from Repeat Impressions and #J3118. I really liked it because I had a scraps challenge to make a card for a design team and thought I could use different patterned papers to make the striped section as my version. So this is my 2nd card made with this layout. (A week ago almost I showed a card that used this layout turned on its side and I used a bear with I heart U image in place of the large stitched circle.) I also opted to not use the large circle area and instead put a simple sentiment within that dividing band as seen with "for the Mr. & Mrs." and the stenciled hearts. 



overview


inside panel featuring stenciling message and love birds on gold ring digital image

Dimensions are 5" x 8".

This happy mail is now on its way to them. Back to crafting for either a design team challenge or birthday cards for relatives! Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.