Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

PPCCB 368 featuring Easter Crew image from Little Blue Button Stamps

Easter Crew


Do you like discovering the surprise hidden inside an Easter egg? That was part of several design thoughts that I pondered when I selected to use the Easter Crew image from LBBS for #368 challenge for PPCC blog.



Technically this card has several inside panels. When using the store-bought flower basket card, I opted to keep the back and hide the #368 challenge sponsor's image on the inside.

For the yellow cardstock base's inside panel, I have a Bible verse as the sentiment for an easy element:

John 14: 1-6 is my favorite passage and verse 6 alludes to eternal life offered by Jesus. 

The soft hues of yellow, lavender, pink and multiple greens were pulled from the flower basket card. And then used for selecting cording, cardstock, markers, and colored pencils.


The partial sketch is from Cardmaking and Papercrafts magazine's Christmas issue from 2 years ago on page 67.



I stretched the layout design to make a wide rectangle with the soft yellow cardstock base being a full sheet of 8" x 11" folded in half. I then divided the background areas seen in the sketch to be 3 separate pieces instead of an overlay strip/band over 1 paper. The narrow rectangle band behind the image I expanded to have a scalloped doily-like edge with the cording wrapped over it and tied in bow at same location as seen in the sketch.

I opted to move the sentiments to the insides because of spacing.

The base and background papers with cording actually look very nice before I added the flower basket card:


A close-up of the images from LBBS:


I decided to color the 3 egg "chicks" with mostly colored pencils and then have the Easter Egg in the bold marker colors as if they are having jealous or envious thoughts about the ribboned beauty! :)

Then to add to the hidden humor I decided to divide the Easter Crew like they were from a large Easter Egg that had been cracked open.


This complex card was for the design team inspiration for #368 anything goes challenge for PPCC blog:


Maria Medel Illustrations is a sponsor that half of the design team used a selection of images and I was part of the other half of the DT that used images from LBBS:







And a final photo of the finished card from an angle:


Use the link shown above to take you to Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges blog in order to read the guidelines for participating and the specific prize details for this specific challenge (#368). Also take time to see what 7 others from the design team have put together. They represent talent from around the world! The world wide web does have a positive benefit in uniting crafters. 

Until next time,
Crafting the USA heartland and looking forward to celebrating the upcoming Easter holiday,
Becca




No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.