Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Monday, February 5, 2018

HIMCR #338 colors theme with pinks and reds

With This Ring.

Anniversary.



HIMCR #338 first Saturday of the month challenge is always about color and this month it's to be pinks and reds. And boy did I load this card up with a diverse range of red-oranges, pinks, burgundy, magenta, and even yellow-orange, orange, and purple to add interest.

MHK Designs is this week's sponsor and I selected their "With This Ring" digital images set and sentiment messages to use in order to create this anniversary card.


MHK Designs sponsor badge


HIMCR's badge


HIMCR's #338 link to get all the details about how to participate and winner's prize from MHK Designs/sponsor:


Some notes about how or why I crafted this anniversary card:
a. ribbon roses mimic the designer patterned paper with dots
b. I wanted to use lots of angles and layers as well as use as many hue variations of reds and pinks that I could without going to cray-cray!!!
c. designer papers are old stash that I haven't had access to for 6 months
d. solid color cardstock papers are Colorbok
e. heart-shaped puzzle image I found online about 1 year ago and just printed it to 4" x 6" size
f. card dimensions: 5" x 7"
g. a little red inking around edges of mauve pink cardstock base


Inside panel= (my own word processing)


There are several anniversaries in my immediate family within the next 5 weeks, so this will be sent to one of the couples.

My husband and I just celebrated our #22 about 1 week ago. We decided to get married on my maternal grandparents' 59th wedding anniversary date and got to have about 1 1/2 more years with grandpa and almost 12 years with grandma! Sweet loving memories. From the USA heartland, Becca






No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.