Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Be Mine with peonies DT inspiration for PPCC blog no 427

Pink peonies are a favorite childhood memory of mine! I've got one little tiny starter that I've nurtured last year which I need to check on. It should be sprouting. This darling image from Little Blue Button Stamps needed to have a pink version and my lovely photo print paper of pink peonies plus stickers led the direction for the card design:



PPCC blog #427 starts 4/24/2019 with "anything goes" theme. Please remember that the title states paper-crafty, so the creations linked to Penny's can't be oil paintings or ceramics or knitting--just paper based projects.

1 prize sponsor this week who has also provided images for the design team: Little Blue Button Stamps. Julie assigned me to the Little Blue Button digital stamps. I'm so glad! I love how her awesome eyes are peeking over the heart she's holding!




link to #427 has not be released as of noon on 4/24/2019; as soon as I can I will edit in the post link


Isn't this peony photo print paper from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) just beautiful!?!! I hated cutting it, but I've been involved in groups like Facebook's 100 Pattern Papers Challenge and Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog & community Facebook group to encourage me to use old products and stop holding onto all the pretties. Even those peony layered stickers I've had for probably 2+ years! It's time to use them. I haven't quite decided who will receive this...possibly my mom for Mother's Day or my sister Martha's birthday that's also coming up in May.



other challenges and/or special recognitions:
a. My Time to Craft Challenge blog (MTTC or MTTCCB) 19 April 2019 theme is Spring Flowers
b. Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and Facebook community= spring green based floral paper I used as background was part of my March 2019 kit I put together last month; this is the current April inspiration kit to mimic post--
link= https://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/04/april-2019-counterfeit-kit-challenge.html

c. 100 Pattern Papers Challenge group on Facebook= the peony print paper has been in my stockpile for over 1 year; kraft cardstock is also an oldie; and so are the peony layered stickers

d. Inspired By (earth day prompt) from Laurel Seabrook Designs= the peonies, little butterfly in the sticker, and the background floral paper with that early spring green grass color, and the green "brick" wall strip with stenciled flourishes--all make me think of springtime and changing seasons here on planet Earth

link: https://theseinspiredchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/04/inspired-by-earth-day.html

I will post in Facebook to "Paper, Paper, Paper & Design Team Calls", also.

If you like bold contemporary color palette of red, black, white, and bold blue then check out the other variation I did of this sweet image.

In the USA heartland,
Becca S

8 comments:

  1. Love that Peony paper Becca, and it looks lovely on this pretty card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maxine! It is a lovely paper! I gritted my teeth when I cut into it! I would have been happy to stare out for countless years yet! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the cute image and beautiful Peony paper
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol: I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking time to comment.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at My Time To Craft Challenge, hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following up on my submission as a participant! As of tomorrow, I will officially be on the DT side for MTTC. I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete
  4. Becca thank you for playing along again! I love all of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel: I appreciate your checking on my submissions to IB!!!

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.