Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Greeting Card suitable for multiple occasions is DT card for PPCC blog 424

All Occasion Greeting Card



Depending on the inside sentiment, this card could be a thinking of you or get well or birthday. It's been a long time since I've made a card that has that versatility. Generally I have an embellishment or front cover sentiment that determines the direction.

For Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge blog Design Team inspiration card for #424:



PPCC blog has 2 prize sponsors for this new challenge week so the DT crew is divided in half to represent each company. Julie placed me with the All Dressed Up company provided images and I selected this pretty floral trio called "Jam Jars". The 2nd prize sponsor is Sparkle N Sprinkle. Use the blog post link to get all the details about the blog, this specific challenge, the sponsors, and see the rest of the DT creations:



ID badges for PPCC, ADU, and SNS=





More photos of the all occasion greeting card:


Those "Jam Jars" are colored lightly using a spring green colored pencil in order to copy cat Mason Jars/Ball canning jars. I printed the digital image onto "Marshmallow" white cardstock from Colorbok. And the base card kraft paper might be Colorbok too. It's been in my stash for awhile. Dimensions of the front are 4.25" wide x 5.5" tall.


#2 challenge shout-out is to Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. The products I used are from the kit I assembled for March 2019. The floral background paper and 2 washi tapes are from My Mind's Eye Splendor kit. The green paper, gems, and "lovely" text sticker were part of old inventory in my March kit. Since March is now over, I won't link to them directly in this post. They've already released the April 2019 kit reveal and a 2nd post called "Just the Gist" to help followers figure out how to analyze the selected kit to mimic when they pull items from their own stockpiles. (Most crafters have something they cling to...hoard...some its sparkly bling, cute die-cuts, or pretty patterned papers.)



Layout-wise I kept it clean and simple...and lovely! What a sweet springtime card to give to a special someone! 

I planned to be crafting in between medical appointments for my husband, so keep checking back to see what new creative challenges I'm striving to do. And it would be a honor if you would keep my hubby and I in your thoughts and prayers. About 4-6 weeks ago he was referred to Northwestern Memorial Hospital/NWU/NWM for possible candidacy for heart transplant surgery. His first consult appointment with the program director was last week and he will have lots of blood work and other tests coming up to complete as preliminaries in the coming 2-3 weeks as some more get scheduled. After he does all of these to see what his overall physical condition currently is, he will have at least 2 days at NW for another round of doctors' consults and interviews (psychologist, social worker, etc.) and then everything gets presented to a committee for determination of how to proceed or not. There is a possibility that he could be denied or another alternative suggested like bypass grafts or stints. Our local cardiologists in Peoria think it's too risky for grafts or stints but we will wait and see what NWM heart failure clinic doctors and surgeons have to say.

Meanwhile,
Crafting in the USA heartland,
Becca S

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Becca - yes I will pray for your situation.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxine: thanks for stopping by again and we appreciate prayers for our continuing struggles especially my husband's delicate cardiac health!

      Delete
  2. Becca, this gorgeous card caught my eye. I'm so glad it did because you can definitely add me to your list of prayer warriors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog, Brenda! And we are grateful for our prayer buddies!

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.