Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, December 9, 2017

HIMCR 330 Super Scraps Saturday second entry of ATCs

Advent. December. ATCs. Days 1-7 are pictured here on my very first Bible I received.

It was one room away from the fire (August 13) and I'm still keeping 2 dryer softener sheets in it that I rotate to different sections periodically to get rid of smoke smell. It is worn but well-loved.


It is Saturday; however being a new member of the design team for HIMCR, we are suppose to get our inspiration project photograph posted by late Thursday night before the challenge is to begin. So I've been busy on and off all week trying to accomplish my new crafting goals (being part of the design team for December to next June and making ATCs for December). I used scraps of different colored papers and cardstock to make these fun-sized Artist Trading Cards. (Actually I should call them Artist Keeping Cards!)


1. Day 1 has "Reason for the season" written at very top with the Christmas date under it and then John 3:16 written on the stenciled lines. I then stenciled Jesus at an angle over the verse and outlined in red. #1 is also in red marker along with the little stenciled heart. I really love how this vision I had was able to be made. (ATC base is scrap of a textured light beige cardstock.)
2. Day 2 has 2 gingerbread men stick-ons on a scrap of butterscotch cardstock that had been inked in red around the edges. The little house in dark brown cardstock scrap has part of a candy cane stick-on trimmed to just a rectangle section to highlight the roof.
3. Day 3 features 3 red hearts cut from scrap leftovers. Santa is a foam stick-on from the same set with the gingerbread men, candy canes, trees and snowflakes.
4. Day 4's green "ribbons" are not tape. They are green paper scraps. Then I used 4 stickers as well as a hugs and kisses stamper (xoxo) to finish the decorating of this little package.
5. Day 5 has "ribbons" made with micro thin deco tape. The "dec 5" is stenciled on a scrap of white cardstock and it was actually spattered ink with green but the lighting and my cell phone camera have washed that out. A little colorful wreath completes the package for December 5.
6. Day 6's inking is seen better since dark blue and dark purple were used to cover the light gray cardstock scrap base. This was completed very simply with a stenciled #6 colored in dark purple marker and embellished with a foam snowflake sticker.
7. Day 7 is another one with light tone colors that fade out. The bottom base is a very light peach-pink cardstock with a slightly smaller mottled mint green cardstock on top. A mint green chevron kind of design (Scotch Expressions Masking Tape) "ribbon" tail is on the left and a very very tiny triangle is up near the right corner. A stenciled tree is outlined in a dark green marker and then colored lightly with dark green in the "needle" section of the tree and brown in the "trunk" portion. It is highlighted by a foam tree sticker. A turquoise stenciled #7 completes this ATC.

Check out Hiding in My Craft Room and this challenge's prize sponsor Di's Digi Stamps websites for more details on how to participate, rules, and the amount of the prize:

and

https://www.disdigistamps.com/

This was my 2nd entry for the design team inspiration for the Super Scraps Saturday challenge #330 for Hiding in My Craft Room. See two other posts from earlier this evening that are related to this same challenge. (Oh, there is also a Day 8 advent ATC that should have been posted yesterday if you want to see and then Day 9 is 1 of the 2 other #330 challenge-inspired earlier postings from a few hours ago if you want to see the first 9 days of December in ATCS.)


Loving, living, and crafting in the heartland, Becca

2 comments:

  1. I love your ATC collection - I am waiting for your next set!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! I've been thinking about making a tiny wreath of green paper scraps for today/Day 10. Not sure yet about other ideas. I'll see what inspires me.

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.