Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Pennys Challenge 358 Anything Goes

http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/2017/12/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-358-plus.html

Check out Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges blog for this week's challenge details, the sponsor (Little Blue Button Stamps), and general rules. This week's theme is "Anything Goes".

I've got a Christmas theme trio of church mice singing in front of an altar table and church wall decorations of cross, branches, and doves. The folded dimension is 5" x 7".

The singing church mice is a b/w clipart image I found online that I printed to 4" x 5" but trimmed off some music notes above the mice. I used markers to give each mouse his own hair color as well as nose and mouth.

The cross icon stencil was reduced freehand by me at about 2/8"-3/8" all around so that it would still be prominent but not overpowering.

Main techniques:
*tracing stencils
*coloring

Supplies and manufacturers:
*red paper from Artist Neon Paper Pad by Grafix
*dark chocolate brown and butterscotch cardstock from Multicolor Scrap Pack by Colorbok
*gift tag (inside) from Christmas House
*cross stencil is 1 of 36 in Folk Art Decorative Icons set by Plaid
*stencils of border, branch, and dove from Christ is Lord of Lords Bible journaling set by American Crafts
*scrap copy paper was used to trace and reduce the size of the cross stencil then have a new template
*old stash of supplies: ruler, pencil, markers, colored pencils, scissors

The front:

I hope this sort of looks like the inside of a church. I have limited supplies at this time and trying to creatively use what I have to get the look of many churches.

Inside was finished simply with more dark chocolate brown and butterscotch cardstock scraps with the sentiment provided easily by part of a gift tag:

Remember "Anything Goes" ...for me that includes a trio of singing mice at church at Christmas time!

Crafting still in the heartland, Becca


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 358 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to comment on my submission! I'm using my re-start into Thanksgiving and now Christmas and New Year's of making cards as part of my healing and therapy from a major cardiac event in August.

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.