Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Crafting with Dollar Tree supplies--Winter Wonderland Chalkboard

Yes!, cute crafting can be put together with items purchased at Dollar Tree or other $1 stores!

Winter chalkboard home décor from Christmas 2016

The winter wonderland chalkboard with hanging ribbon is the base of the craft. I added the following embellishments:
*green glitter tree stickers
*white glitter snowflake stickers
*brown glitter deer sticker
*red, white, silver metallic snowflake stickers
*fabric "woodland" snowflake ornament (without its hanging thread loop)

These above listed add-ons were all from Dollar Tree!

The only non-Dollar Tree item I remember using was a silver paint pen from my stash of supplies. I added silver dots around the perimeter, on top of white snowflakes around the perimeter, to the snowman's hat, buttons, and scarf. [Oh, I forgot about glue to adhere the fabric ornament!!!]

Just follow the photo for placement of items. Voila!!! Easy to do. Easy on the pocketbook.

Here are some different views in order to see some of the shine and depth of the embellishments:

face-on view

from the left

from the right

close up of snowman's details (thankfully I did a better job for the lettering on 3 others I made for my mom and 2 siblings!)

There's a Facebook group for Dollar Tree DIY projects that I've submitted a photo of this project to and it was accepted and posted earlier today. If you craft with items purchased at Dollar Tree, consider joining the group. Inspiration can sometimes come from another crafter's project, from a beautiful sunset, from a fabric, etc. Get busy in your makerspace and lift your spirits by creating!

Crafting from the heartland, Becca



No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.