Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Sunday, December 17, 2017

HIMCR 331 with digital stamps and third Saturday surprise challenge

I've been working on my "surprise" challenge with using a Digital Delights image for most of the week.

Hiding in My Craft Room's 3rd Saturday challenge is always to surprise and we've also been challenged to use a digital image. Follow the link to get details for the challenge including the deadline date and time.


The giveaway is a $5 gift certificate to Digital Delights. These types of new "stamps" or images have been a strong trend this year in paper crafting, so join us to explore the world of "digi".

The design team could use the utterly adorable given image (that I chose to do) or another that we might already have from Louby Lou.


Before I unveil my card creation, my surprise elements included:
1. 8 panels; basically 2 white cardstock bases taped together
2. The lyrics of the carol "Here we come a wassailing" were used on 7 of the 8 panels.
3. Two beverage recipes were included. One for wassail and another for fruit punch. The recipes were found online as photos so they were easy to download.
4. The mug was another online image find but it was plain. I had the word 'cheerful' as part of a stencil so I just traced the 'cheer' portion. A perfect word when thinking about sharing a cup of 'cheer' when carolers or other guests come to your home.
5. And non-traditional Christmas colors were used; more of a pastel assortment with a few bolder tones mixed in: yellow, mint green, pink, magenta, black, gray, and some light blue.

panels 1-4

panels 5-8

here's a close-up of the cute creature who has her treats; I happened to have foam stick-ons of gingerbread cookies and candy canes so that was the elements from the image I decided to reinforce (sweet treats) hence the "Wassail" carol, pitcher, mug, presentation of the wassail bowl, cupcakes, and recipes for fruit punch and wassail.

On panel 7 I used another copy of the image but colored differently with a combination of markers and colored pencils. And the mug of cheer is on next door on panel 6.

And panel 8 has this awesome clip art image of a Dickens-era gentleman presenting the wassail! It has the last line of the carol too so typically that was the custom of when to bring out refreshments to the carolers.

What a delight! Thanks Digital Delights for inspiring this caroling folding card!!!

It seems I'm constantly crafting in the heartland! Becca









2 comments:

  1. Very nice work thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog and seeing the latest inspiration for HIMCR.

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.