Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Inspired by blog challenge of winter coziness

Warm and cozy wishes in 2018


my interpretation of challenge inspiration photo brought my thoughts to:

snow, pine trees, blankets, crocheted afghans, fleece knits, football, pennants, score boards




The challenge blog "Inspired by":


and the photo image to be "Inspired by":


Glimpse of my strategizing, "shopping" in my piles, and word processing:


and you will see from the photos that the teal blue didn't make its way onto the card. I edited it out and kept color palette subdued.



and to complete the front panel sentiment to the interior--


Supplies:
a. 3 designer papers from The Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby
b. 3 cardstock colors in scraps from Colorbok
c. 2 different twine cording wrapped around black panel 3 times
d. cotton ball stretched and shaped before applying to black panel; also inked with black, blue, and purple (as well as edges of front panel)

The colors and the wintery theme compelled me to pull the gray hounds tooth, blue & white striped, and navy blue and white chevron striped papers as well as the tan, light gray, and black cardstock papers from my arts and crafts supplies. White colored pencil against the black cardstock gives the look of a chalkboard scoreboard. The crocheted striped blanket image coupled with the twine cording and the cotton ball "fleece" were used to convey the coziness part of the challenge and different fiber sources seen in the "Inspired by" photo.

As always, 
crafting in the heartland of USA,
Becca




5 comments:

  1. I love this! That little bit of fluff at the bottom is such a great addition! Thank you for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mix of patterns and I love the twine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I enjoyed trying my spin to interpret the challenge inspiration photo!

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.