Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Thinking of you card with paint focal #2

Paints and mists January 2018 challenge

for 100 Pattern Papers (a closed group on Facebook)

"Bless you":


This is my 2nd card with misting or squirting combos of paint onto white cardstock that I then experimented with cotton balls to either pounce, smear, or swirl the paints.



The front panel focal and inside panel focal were both traced and cut from the painted cardstock on the far left.




Dimensions: folded at top; 4.5" x 5.5"
Base: white cardstock (Georgia-Pacific)
Background base: dark indigo denim pattern paper
Next background base: designer paper (The Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby); it reminds me of a geode, something mineral
Scrapbooking sticker tab and heart (terracotta color)
Inside focal background: brown cardstock (Colorbok)
Word search puzzle "arrow" is used because it has the letters of "bless you" backwards
Stencil: Folk Art Decorative Icons stencil set (Plaid)
Cording/twine: 3 different ones wrapped (navy blue and white & faded blue and white & tan and brown)

Once I decided on which painted cardstock I wanted to use plus the stencil pattern, then 'shopping' in my stash for everything else was pretty easy.

Some close-ups of the paint:



Glad I took up the challenge to challenge myself in trying a technique that I haven't used in my paper-crafting. I've done inking but not painting.

Let me know if my efforts are worth it--
Becca




No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.