Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, June 16, 2018

HIMCR #357 challenge for 16 June 2018 with theme buttons and bows

Happy Birthday card with a nature and garden design motifs for HIMCR #357 challenge:



Notes:
a. nature and garden elements: butterflies, tulips, leaf shape of sentiment, colors
b. buttons and bows elements: cording is tied in a bow; also green ribbon; and green gems are used instead of buttons



HIMCR's ID badge is shown above and the image provider to the DT crew as well as the challenge's prize sponsor is Gracielli Design, which one of their ID badges is shown below. Use the #357 link to take you to the HIMCR blog to read all the details, see the other DT creations, find out how to participate as a crafter, and also get links for the sponsor. When I've put the link here, my card photo is not uploaded by the blog owner yet to the post for #357 but hopefully that will get changed soon.

Link:  http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2018/06/hicmr-357-buttons-and-bows.html



My personal mojo boost for the birthday card:


The above photo is a blouse of mine turned inside out. The gauzy fabric and colors have intrigued me for the several years I've owned it. I thought I'd take a photo of it and use it sometime for color and/or styling imagination spark. Well, the card for the HIMCR DT crew for challenge #357 will have colors and paisleys inspired by this blouse. Also I felt that the drawing lines of the Gracielli Design images and sentiment lend well to this garment.

I'll have more photos to edit in later. After snapping photos, I ran out of cell phone data to transfer them by email to download on computer, so check back if curious to see the card from different angles. Here are a few more pics as promised:



After taking most of the pics, it dawned on me that I had used the gems but not buttons, per se, so I went back to the craft zone in the garage and added two! And then look below for the hidden secret messages behind the large monarch:



Still crafting at night when it's cooler to be in my garage craft zone! In the heat wave, ugh!, Becca

2 comments:

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.