Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

PCC296 and AIM23 and CTD498 combined card for anniversary

another happy #24 anniversary card

another card featuring flamingos:


Some design notes:
a. foam square adhesives are behind the flamingos to lift them off the patterned paper also featuring flamingos (The Paper Studio)
b. mixed media elements: ribbon, arrow paper clip, stamping, digital image, colored penciling, staples, stenciling, inking/weathering effect


Yes!, 24 years from mid-July I served as a bridesmaid in back to back weekends. The dresses were sewn from very similar patterns yet different fabrics and wedding themes. The first one was in eastern Missouri for a very good friend who 1 1/2 years later was one of my bridesmaids. And the second wedding was in eastern Illinois for my brother. He and his wife were a groomsman and a bridesmaid as well when it was my turn. Not sure which couple will get this card but I'm about three weeks early on creating both flamingo anniversary cards, which is a big deal. Now, hopefully I won't forget to mail in 2 weeks or so!!!


Sketch inspiration was turned to the right for a vertical placement (just like in the previous blog post). Flamingo image is representing the square box from the sketch. The sentiment is split between the upper right corner and right side. The dots on the sketch were already included on the background paper, so the heart/ribbon/clip are angled in about the same direction as the sketch dots.

Blog post link for PCC296= 



AIM's no 23 challenge month started on June 25th. This will be my 3rd card that I've entered for the mixed media theme blog.
Blog post link for AIM23= 



I missed the deadline to include my 2 flamingo inspired anniversary cards, however the color palette of #498 was the motivation for the hues and selections of designer papers and cardstocks.
Here's the blog post link for CTD 498=




I also am in love with this card and especially the little added scene effects I filled in. Doesn't it look like an evening sunset is behind these love birds?!!!

Still crafting in the USA heartland, Becca S

4 comments:

  1. Awww - it's true flamingo love! Great card, and I like how you lifted the flamingo's from the background paper. Yet, they still have their own sunset! Thanks for joining our Paper Craft Crew challenge, Becca! ~Deborah, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and love the beautiful flamingos----Thank you for joining us at A Inky Mess
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol: Thanks for acknowledging my entry and my pick of coloring book/clip art image! I thought it was great to use for celebrating an anniversary.

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.