Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, June 23, 2018

HIMCR #358 for 23 June 2018 with any holiday theme

My 'holiday' is for a birthday.

When the provided images were given from the sponsor to the design team, I was a bit stumped. Then the brain started processing and I thought about creating a card about 4 months early for a cousin who works in the aviation industry.





Above is a photo of recent purchases at Hobby Lobby. Clearance items are on the left (Christmas stickers were 20 cents each! and the congrats stamp was originally $8.95 that I got for 90 cents!!!!! and the paper pack should have been about $11+/- and another super low bargain price of $1.20!!!!) Read at the end of the post why I've included this photo.


As I've been going through old teaching and crafting supplies moved out of storage in another garage, the cloud print computer paper was rediscovered. So a section of it was perfect to use for this card. New gold bling gems that mimic a button or trim on a military uniform were used as a corner embellishment. Adding a light penciled skywriting message, light shading and outlining into a cloud surrounding the digital image helped reinforce the aviation theme.


Above is the ID badge for HIMCR. Each week of the month there is a set theme but most of them are flexible. 1st Saturday is a color theme challenge. 2nd Saturday is to use scraps as the theme whether it is designer papers, cardstock, ribbon, or some other crafty item. 3rd Saturday is the owner's pick of a technique or required item like last week's use of buttons and bows. 4th Saturday is any holiday theme. And if there is a 5th Saturday it will be freestyle which means the crafter can do anything in the paper crafting spectrum (mixed media, digital image or not, stamped image or not, stickers, iris folding, scraps, and so on). 




Above is the sponsor ID badge for HIMCR's #358 challenge's provider of images to the design team and prize for a selected winner. Go to the HIMCR blog post link to get connections to the prize sponsor.



The patterned airplane paper was a lucky addition in a clearance bundled packet of The Paper Studio 8.5" x 11" size sheets at a nearby Hobby Lobby that I got about 2 weeks ago. I love how this card turned out. I hope my cousin enjoys it as much as I do.

Still crafting in the USA heartland, Becca S

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.