Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Peppermint theme Christmas card with digi item freebies from Polka Dot Orchard

Cold hands yet a warm heart...right?!! Warm inside from a hot beverage. Good fuzzy heartwarming soul moment in receiving a charming Christmas card.





Design notes:
a. background jumbled peppermint theme background images, the mug, and the sentiment are PDO and filled in with a combination of markers and colored pencils (gray, brown, pink, and red)
b. dark green mottled/watercolor cardstock base is by Colorbok
c. iridescent faceted gems were bought at Dollar Tree
d. the red with pink dot patterned paper is old inventory
e. white glitter decorative tape was purchased at Wal-Mart but I forget the vendor name

Overall, I'm pleased with the sizes I chose for printing these free digital images from PDO. I chose 3.5" x 5" for the background; and wallet size for the mug and the sentence message. Pretty sweet! :)





Polka Dot Orchard (PDO) link:


For my blog readers and followers, please check out this new company and see if you might be interested in supporting them somehow. This is my 2nd card using their product. 

Sign up for their email newsletter and request to join their Facebook group: Friends of Polka Dot Orchard.




I always love a bargain and I especially love a pretty freebie! These 3 designs (background print, mug, and sentiment) are lovely! And they are only part of the set Jessica/owner & designer made available for free to her blog and website followers!!! 

Coffee, cocoa, and tea drinks, expressions, and "cup-ware" have been a big trend in paper-crafting for over a year now. I haven't been a fan of this trend since I don't drink anything with a hot temperature but I do admire other creative souls who have been very clever with this trend. As reluctant as this seems for me, I'm glad I dabbled.

12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #51 link:
https://12monthsofchristmaslinkup.blogspot.com/2019/03/challenge-51-opt-twistbrads-buttons-bows.html

ID badge:  


This will be my 3rd and final entry for March and this one does not follow the optional twist theme of brads, buttons, and bows. It is just a Christmas card entry.

This is the 1st year in my paper-crafting when I've started this early in the year making holiday cards! I think I have maybe 7 or 8 ready! This is so exciting! If you ask my husband or immediate family for a characteristic about me they would probably say I'm slow or I'm late. I can get to church on time and work on time, which are important places, correct?!!! I guess it is the other stuff I fall behind on like sending Christmas cards out at New Year's Day. But having challenge blogs with their focus set on making holiday cards all year long might help me celebrate 2019 with less stress and frenzy.



Crafting in the USA heartland,
Becca S

2 comments:

  1. Your card turned out so sweet! Glad you chose to make it even though you don't drink anything hot! I'm sure you know someone who does and it'll be perfect for them to enjoy!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my PDO product made card! I appreciate you taking time to visit and see what I've been creating.

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.