Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, March 8, 2019

Sketch N Scrap no 157 for Go Green Crop Challenge 1 layout

Rowena is my maternal grandmother. This is the first layout in a series from pics taken to celebrate her 92nd birthday. 





Requirements are to follow Sketch #157 and add 1 or more embellishments that you either fussy-cut or have made. For fussy-cut, I have the large butterfly trimmed out from leftover cardstock. I turned the sketch to a vertical position but made a few small tweaks like the title placement and a small narrow rectangle strip that I switched to a heart and butterfly embellishment with the month and year of the birthday celebration. This was made simply by placing a stick-on butterfly to a white foam heart sticker. (Photos were not marked on the back so I've had to figure it out from other photos of my nieces and nephews.) Grandma passed in early January 2008, so this had to be before then.


ID badges for SNS=



link: https://sketchnscrap.blogspot.com/2019/03/card-sketch-141.html this is the March 5, 2019 post if you want to check out who the design team members are, check out other challenges going on, etc. This Go Green Crop Challenge is an event within their Facebook community, so find it here:


More blog thanks go to 100 Pattern Papers Challenge group on Facebook because these papers came from the 2019 starter kit that I pulled together back in January and then a smaller portion were used for my Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and community group Feb 2019 kit! I've been very busy both in February and now in March using the large Feb kit. It was filled with nature-inspired colors and patterns. Some birds and lots of butterflies. I love this color combination of gray, white, yellow, with touches of teal and yellow-greens. Overall, I love the pattern mix in this LO and that I'm using more of more old crafting inventory to create the special occasion layout!


Above: my fussy-cut butterfly embellishment from leftover paper with three amber gems along the center body


Very busy in the USA heartland, Becca S

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.