Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Carol of the Birds theme Christmas card 1 in silver lettering

and heaven and nature sing

"When rose the eastern star, the birds came from afar...." song written by Joan Baez


3 challenges were combined to make this silver lettered version:
a. Jingle Belles 19:06 "Rockin' Robin" or use of any bird on Christmas/New Year holiday card

b. 12 Months of Christmas Link Up blog March 2019 challenge using 3 brads, buttons, and/or bows (or mix and match)

c. Sketchy Saturday #42 challenge by Laurel Seabrook Designs

sketch #42=


my sketch interpretation in card form with a slightly different angle than the top photo--


Design notes:
a. For Sk Sat= I have 3 sections created by 2 kraft snowflake accented tag labels (YES! So easy to apply!) with a sticky note type tag for the sentiment "MERRY"
b. Instead of the shamrock, I have a red glitter bow sticker in about the same location
c. I have a base cardstock (called "marshmallow" white) with a dark green watercolor/mottled cardstock section and a pink dot on red print paper section on top of that.
d. JB's theme was a bird and I have birds on the sticker and I stenciled the bird in the top section
e. 12 M of C theme was 3 of brads, buttons, and /or bows= I've used (1) black thread tied bow; (2) red glitter bow sticker; and (3) red glitter heart on gold clothespin that is acting like a brad fastener.

I love the mixed media approach to getting the challenges combined together. It has certainly made an unique Christmas card!

Becca S

4 comments:

  1. Love your glittery bird ... so glad you joined us and #putabirdonit at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your time visiting my blog, Stef!!!

      Delete
  2. love those adorable birds and the super-fun color combination. great take on a few different challenges! thanks for celebrating season's tweetings with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.