Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, March 8, 2019

Altered Freaky Fast Formula for notebook paper size layout to feature Cape Girardeau Flood Wall photos

Instead of a sketch design to follow for the layout, I am using a formula shared in The Scraproom Blog and group for March 2019:



Thanks to Heather Guy for designing this FFF for TSR. Since I prefer to use 8.5" x 11" base papers for layouts, I've adjusted sizes to 6 of 2.5" squares, 1 of 10" x 1.5", and 1 of 11" x .5". Before I even saw the sample Heather had made for the blogpost I was planning a similar format:



I swapped the zig-zag lime green stripe with the pale green and moved the hummingbird print to the middle position. Ultimately the layout is switched to vertical format since I had 2 rectangle photos and am using a 8.5" x 11" size base.




design notes regarding sketch layout formula:
a. I already had 2.5" squares ready to go so that was an easy choice and also better for working with the 8.5" x 11" base.
b. The 10" x 2" was reduced to just under 10" x 1.5" for teal/aqua with white dot cardstock strip
c. The 12" x 1/2" was reduced to 11" x 1/2" with one end angled.
d. Then I added a little bit of journaling/caption notes and some neat Treasure Map Word Stickers from October Afternoon along with a few scattered butterflies to accent the layout.




This was indeed fast to put together, especially since I already had the 6 squares cut from 6 different patterned papers. I just LOVE this layout! I love the how the colors of the paper reflect a lot of the colors found in the photos. I love how the word stickers help add to the water/river theme and some humor!

Thanks, TSR for a fabulous Freaky Fast Formula!

Shout-outs to 100 Pattern Papers Challenge group (all cardstocks and papers are from the 2019 starter kit I've pulled from my old craft inventory) and Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and group (all CS and papers are part of items I compiled for my Feb 2019 kit from the larger 100 PPC starter kit).

I've had a very productive crafting day! More blog posts coming soon!
Becca S

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.