Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sketch N Scrap no 119 design for Go Green Crop Event Challenge no 3

Layout ( #2) features 8 of my grandmother's "greats" at her 92nd birthday gathering. 


I put that there are 22 more but some of the youngest weren't even born or parents married in 2006!!Rowena's 5 children were born over a span of 13.5 years. The 14 grandchildren were born over a 19.5 years span. And the greats have been about a 28 year stretch, which equates to 1.5 generations. Add in geography, work schedules and commitments, marriages, in-laws, etc. and it's not difficult to figure out getting everyone together is challenging.





layout sketch design image #119 from Sketch N Scrap for their Go Green Crop Event held during March 2019 is for 12" x 12" base; I'm using a yellow 8.5" x 11" base (not the damask red-orange).

Note: join the Facebook group and follow their blog in order to join the fun!

Design notes for the Go Green Crop Challenge #3:
a. I only used 1 embellishment cluster due to reduce dimensions.
b. Pics were offset a bit in order to have a larger section to show off some pretty butterflies and colors that is shown on the sketch in a gray narrow rectangle.
c. Title was moved to the gray square and simplified with stickers and stenciling in order to get some of the other paper patterns to show a little bit working on the reduced overall base.
d. Otherwise I changed the orientation to go vertical rather than horizontal but other paper placements match up.


ID badges for SNS=



link: https://sketchnscrap.blogspot.com/2019/03/card-sketch-141.html this is the March 5, 2019 post for the blog if you want to check out who the design team members are, check out other challenges going on, etc. This Go Green Crop Challenge is an event within their Facebook community, so find it here:


More blog thanks go to 100 Pattern Papers Challenge group on Facebook because these papers came from the 2019 starter kit that I pulled together back in January and then a smaller portion were used for my Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and community group Feb 2019 kit! I've been very busy both in February and now in March using the large Feb kit. It was filled with nature-inspired colors and patterns. Some birds and lots of butterflies. I love this color combination of gray, white, yellow, with touches of teal and yellow-greens. Overall, I love the pattern mix in this LO and that I'm using more of more old crafting inventory to create the special occasion layout! (as I did its previous partner LO shown below:)
Layout #1 of 3 planned from this #92 birthday celebration for my maternal grandmother:




Layout #2 of 3 planned: more yellow this time, but still have some grays, blues, and a smidge of greens


Very busy in the USA heartland, Becca S

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.