Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

paper crafting topic= Easter wall art

Starting this week I got my first few Easter items made. They were for one of the two swaps I signed up for through Paper Wishes message board for March.

The featured piece is 6.75" square. My favorite colors are purples and pinks so I really wished I could have kept this for myself. But I just loved how the elements came together. I'm also super-thrilled with the very inexpensive doilies I found (so I do have more that I can be creative with!).

Throughout the rest of March and April, I will probably be featuring more creations using the doilies (pink flower, creamy white egg, yellow flower).

The process to create this was several days. It took me about 30 minutes to brush on the gold glitter paint because of keeping some areas un-painted and having to reapply paint in several areas to get a more gold look not just shiny lacquer look. I let the doily dry for 2 days. (I could have probably let it dry only 1 day, but was hoping to avoid potential problems. I had no problems when applying the gold metallic paint pen. After this stage of the process, I let that dry 1 day. Then the rest was mostly coordinating, cutting paper and cardstock, and assembling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.