Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! My heart and soul get so excited to make Christmas cards! This posting's craft-sensation is my DT commitment for My Time To Craft Christmas. Theme #53 was picked by DT member Mags who wants the color trio (red, gold, and green) on our Christmas/winter holiday cards. Competition is February 3-16, 2023. Make sure to find time to craft Christmas with us!
Peace On Earth--Goodwill to Men Christmas card= CARD #1:
[the damask paper is background filler due to scanning this on my computer printer; GOLD= card base is a light yellow gold sheen; the panel cut from the gold and white chevron stripe; gold foil snowflakes; gold metallic ink from a stamp pad applied to the cut-apart dove focal; GREEN= in the plaid cardstock strip; the sentiment and the small floral swap on the cut-apart; and RED = red glitter specialty paper panel; the dark red flower on the cut-apart; a dark red in the plaid cardstock strip, and 3 red plastic gems]
1. light gold card base = The Paper Source's website
2. the gold and white chevron cardstock = My Mind's Eye (the reverse side is a mid-gray with white dots shown in my January kit with this card pre-planned as 1 of it's mini kits)
3. cut-apart dove focal = Echo Park's Away in the Manger collection
4. plaid cardstock = Bo Bunny?
5. gold foil snowflake stickers/dazzles = Paper Wishes website
6. the rest = old stash items
Red, Green, and Gold Christmas Card #2=
[theme #53 required colors: lots of green tones, some reds, and some yellow/gold]
A. base neon bright green cardstock = Neenah
B. tree cardstock scrap = Fancy Pants Designs
C. striped cardstock and gingham cardstocks = Simple Stories
D. gold snowflake stickers/dazzles = Hot Off The Press/Paper Wishes website
E. remaining items are stash; deer die-cut is an upcycled gift tag
MTTCC #53 blog posting link=
other challenge blogs for link-ups=
A. The 12 Months of Christmas Link-Up Challenge blog; started Feb 1; Anything Christmas Goes; not the option; linking Card #2
B. Critter Crazy Challenges blog; started Feb 1; anything with a featured critter; MY card #2 with deer
C. Girlz Creative Christmas Challenges blog; started Jan 29 with 1 day or so left; ALLES MAG or everything is allowed/anything goes (Card #2)
D. Lisa H - TGSB= The Great Stash Bash January 2023; ENDED; this card was made with some of the items I had pre-planned with a mini kit out of my larger gray/gold/kraft kit for TGSB. The red glitter paper was added in. The chevron of gold and white is the reverse side of the mid-gray with white dot print, so it was there, just not shown for that side. (CARD #1)
E. Lori S- TGSB = same info as D; see 3 kit photos at the very end of the post (CARD #1)
and Facebook groups for sharing are=
a. The Crafty Addicts (card #2)
b. Paper, Paper, Paper and DT Calls group (card #2)
c. Christian Card Makers ~ Women's Fellowship group (card #1)
d. Scripturally Inspired Creativity group (card #1)
e. Bible Journaling and Faith Art group (card #1)
Crafting in the USA heartland,
*I'm DT/manager for MTTCC and its sister blog MTTC.
*I'm DT for THICC, OUAT, MUICB, MLCCB.
*I'm DT and co-owner of AACB.
*I'm DT and owner of TFATU, HQCB, FQCB
1. TGSB was shown on a different personal blog of mine and the posting had 12 photos of the kit with some categories sorted pics and then how I wanted to use the kit for 6-8 planned cards=
*large/full sheets of cardstocks**the mid-gray with white dot is showing at the bottom edge
2. mini kit for red/gold/green pic how I had pre-planned...again, as I started playing with layout, colors, prints, the taupe color of the cut-apart card gave me some difficulty....if I have time I might make another red/gold/green card with non-kit supply items....**I wanted an elegant look for this card and the pre-planned selection was revised. I only used the light gold sheen card base and the cut-apart dove panel from this kit photo.
3. This mini-kit pic was for another pre-planned Christmas card =**The plaid strip comes from what was leftover from making this card.