Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, February 10, 2023

MTTC #501 Theme of Vintage or Shabby Chic DT inspiration card for 10 February 2023

 Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! My heart is thrilled to share this antique postcard 'Easter Greetings' that I found in my local antique/resale shop. I paid 80 cents! YES! Believe me, I walked out of there with 12 others! I've already gifted 4 to my nieces! 

I need to get back in there. The owner says he's got a couple of more boxes filled with postcards for me to sift through!!! YES! 

My Time To Craft's #501 theme is vintage or shabby chic. This topic was presented by DT member Meena! Competition days are February 10-23, 2023. 

Thinking of You Easter Greetings display card=


Theme requirements: vintage--on the back side of the postcard, the postmark shows 1909!!! Wow!!! 

and for shabby chic elements I did a mix of prints, have the floral garland type washi tape, mostly soft hues except for the darker blues, light pink tulle/netting (2 layers barely showing on the bottom half under the plaid and postcard but is over the top of the polka dotted ribbon tape)

a. the floral garland washi tape = Lili and Val

b. yellow checked gingham paper = Hot Off The Press/Paper Wishes website

c. navy blue and white buffalo plaid cardstock = The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby store

d. antique postcard = Donn's Antiques and More

e. rest are stash supplies

MTTC #501 blog posting link=

https://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2023/02/mttc-501-theme-is-vintage-or-shabby-chic.html

https://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2023/02/mttc-501-theme-is-vintage-or-shabby-chic.html

-------------------------------------------

other challenge blogs to share/link are:

1. Paper Funday challenge blog; anything goes with optional twist of LOTS OF LAYERS; MY card has 3 main layers and a 4th small layer with the tag/flag "Thinking of You" stamp gingham scrap

link= https://paperfundaychallenges.blogspot.com/2023/02/february-2023-challenge-50-anything.html

2. Word Art Wednesday challenge blog; 5 days left to current weeks; Anything Goes that is encouraging, uplifting

link= http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2023/02/anything-goes-weeks-581-582.html

3. Through The Purple Haze; February; Anything Goes

link= http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.com/2023/02/challenge-201.html

4. Mixed Media Lovers challenge blog; February; must be mixed media plus have at least 1 washi tape used; MY vintage Easter postcard focal card has a paper washi tape as the top border and a ribbon type decorative tape as the bottom border; besides the tape borders, postcard, there are these medias: stamping, and inked edges on the gingham paper and the buffalo plaid cardstock

link= https://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com/2023/02/challenge-22-washi-tape.html

5. Not 2 Shabby February Mood Board Inspiration challenge; use colors for inspiration or a winged beauty; MY card's vintage postcard has colors 1, 2, 3, & 5

link= https://www.not2shabbyshop.com/February-Mood-Board-Card-Challenge_b_137.html



and Facebook groups to share are:

A. The Seasonal Cardmaker (Easter)

B. Bible Journaling and Faith Art (Easter)

C. Scripturally Inspired Creativity (Easter)

D. Paper, Paper, Paper and DT Calls

E. Christian Card Makers ~ Women's Fellowship (Easter)


-------------------------------------

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S


*I'm the manager and DT for MTTC and its sister blog MTTCChristmas; they alternate new themes every other Friday morning.

*I'm owner/DT of TFATU, HQCB, and FQCB; FQGS.

*I'm co-owner/DT of AACB.

*I'm DT on these other challenge blogs: MIUCB, MLCCB, THICC, and OUAT.


12 comments:

  1. Such a pretty creation Becca, and a fabulous postcard!! What a find!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maxine! Yes! I was amazed at the age of the postcard! I was thinking it was more about 1940s-1950s.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a great find! I love Vintage Valentine's images and I would have found it hard to part with these..kudos to you for being so generous and sharing them. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I'll probably 'keep' this within the family and send it to 1 of my great aunts. I only have 2 left! At 93 and 91 years of age, they are still wonderful role models!

      Delete
  3. Wow that postcard is great and you've chosen the right papers for it. I love it, thanks for sharing this project with us. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Vintage image of Snowdrops (I think that's what they are). Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mooi wat je gemaakt hebt!
    Zo leuk dat je meedoet bij de Mixed Media Lovers...
    Marlies, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
    Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.