Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

OUAT February 2023 based on My Heart children's book inspiration card

 Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! Well of course my heart is excited about Once Upon A Time and being creatively inspired by a children's book. This month, Deanne, has selected "My Heart" by Corinne for us to interpret. 

I focused on the colors and the heart, giving it lots of hugs, kisses, and more hearts to keep it from getting lonely. No child or other creature/character. I wanted to use lots of grays, whites, and yellows/golds. The gray and white floral washi tape is my interpretation for the 'ground/grass' shown in the cover art. 

My Sweetheart card =


Some vendor notes for the card:

a. the light gold sheen cardstock flat base, 5" x 7", is from The Paper Source website

b. the mid-gray with white dot cardstock scrap = My Mind's Eye

c. the mid-gray and white buffalo plaid cardstock scrap = The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby store

d. the "xoxo" washi tape is from a set = Pen + Gear

e. "MY" cut from "MY LIFE" text strip sticker = Creative Devotion

f. sweetheart ephemera = Jen Hadfield

g. the varied hearts stencil = Simple Stories; used with an antique gold-green stamp pad was pounced; the stencil is a 6 inch square but I only used most of the upper half of the stencil.

h. the gray cardstock mat 4" x 6" = The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby store

i. the gray and white floral washi tape = ?; the copper, white, and silver heart cut out from a specialty paper scrap cut = ?

----------------------------------------

OUAT's 7th challenge or February 2023 children's book selection:


OUAT's 7th/February 2023 blog post link:

https://onceuponatimechallenges.blogspot.com/2023/02/february-challenge-7-my-heart.html

-------------------------------------------

other challenge blogs to share or link are=

A. L and L Great Stash Bash with Lisa = this will end about the time OUAT will be launched....my January kit leftover were used for most of the card

link= https://createdbylisa.blogspot.com/2023/01/lisa-loris-great-stash-bash-adventure.html

B. L and L Great Stash Bash with Lori = like at Lisa's, the GSB will end about the same time as OUAT will be launched

link= https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/2023/01/lisa-loris-great-stash-bash-january.html

C.  The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge blog; from Jan 10-; see photo inspo badge; MY card's colors are mostly from the children's book yet they also closely align with the photo inspo badge at The Outlawz

link= https://theoutlawzchallenges-tuesday.blogspot.com/2023/01/tuesdays-color-challenge-january-10th.html

D. Shopping Our Stash; Tuesday Jan 31 start; Love Is In The Air theme; my card is interpreting the children's book cover art "My Heart"------> My Sweetheart card

link= https://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com/2023/01/sos489-love-is-in-air.html

E. Make My Monday challenge blog; started Jan 30; Love Is In The Air theme; my card is interpreting the children's book cover art "My Heart" ------> My Sweetheart card

link= http://mmmchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2023/01/193-love-is-in-air.html

F. Crazy is our fame and STENCILS are our game challenge blog; still has days to play; anything goes stencils; I've used the Simple Stories varied hearts stencil for the upper background panel cardstock

link= https://stencilfun.blogspot.com/2023/01/january-stencil-fun.html

and Facebook groups for sharing are: Mixed Media Creativity, The Crafty Addicts, Paper Crafting For Everyone; Paper, Paper, Paper and DT Calls

**************************************************

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S


*I'm on the DT of OUAT; also these others: THICC, MLCCB, MIUCB.

*I'm on the DT and manager of MTTC and MTTCC.

*I'm on the DT and co-owner of AACB.

*I'm on the DT and owner of TFATU, HQCB, and FQCB.


11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Becca - love the simple but effective colours and how you have used them to interpret the book cover
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created and I love the colors you have used!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your non traditional Valentine's colors...makes for a great guy card!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "love is in the air" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS489

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet Valentine's card! Love the neutral colors you chose. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card. So cute. thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.