Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Anniversary card

Focal background: using part of a purchased boxed blank card front

Color tones set with the background focal and navy blue (wedding color for the couple)

Size: 5" x 7"

Supplies include: white folded blank card & envelope, denim printed paper, blue cardstock, gray cardstock, blue & white cording, glue dots and stick, ruler, paper trimmer, heart stencil, black permanent marker, sentiment stamps, Hampton Art ink pads


Left heart says: 1st Anniversary
Right heart stamp: Just for you
Inside sentiment stamp not shown: Best wishes

This was quick to make (or at least for me) in about 30-45 minutes from start to finish, but the most important part was styling a card using the newlywed's colors of blue and gray. This has a little gray and silver but more medium to dark blue tones.

Next post will either be a get well card created about 4-5 days ago or a sneak peek at Christmas card(s) I started making last week. Normally by this point in summer I've also started on Thanksgiving but all my autumn-theme supplies are still buried in garage after moving last year. Ugh. Just don't have much interior house space for crafting supplies. Right now I've got 2 dresser drawers and 2 storage organizers. I do have some sunflower theme supplies I could use for autumn/harvest/giving thanks cards maybe I'll ponder about just so I can get a few made. For the last few years with full-time teaching and a husband to manage (yea!!) I've only averaged about 10 Thanksgiving and 15-20 Christmas or New Year hand-made cards. I'd like to do more to include more relatives, but time is a factor, so sometimes they receive a pre-printed card that I've embellished with stamping or stickers or decorative tape, just to give it that Becca touch.

Hope you who read this post are finding ways in your own lives to be creative. It is good for the soul. Happy crafting in the heartland, Becca  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.