Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Monday, February 26, 2018

CTD 481 challenge using violet lavender brown and light beige

Hmm??? Interesting combination of colors was what I first thought.

Here's the first look:
"Trust Jesus" sentiment was colored with markers in blue-violet, red-violet, cocoa brown,  & russet brown
Color Throwdown Challenge #481



With a fire destroying 40-43% of our house on August 13, the color mix I picked for paint were different values of violet with gray/silver/brushed nickel, black, or white for my neutrals. And either blue-gray or turquoise blue would be the main accent. So when I saw this palette using brown and beige for the neutrals, I thought I would struggle with what to do.

I started shopping around my supply areas and came up with an initial set to begin.


The first photo in this section I edited out the cocoa brown cardstock and the scrapbooking stickers. And the second photo has stencils that I altered to either be smaller or less complicated. The blue shapes are the originals from Folk Art Decorative Icons stencil set from Plaid. They were only reduced between 2/16 and 3/16 on each side and I eliminated the curved corners on the bottom one. The "trust Jesus" stencil sheet was used 2 ways. The E and first S in Jesus had to be filled in when I traced onto the leopard print paper. The bird was given a slightly larger beak, pointed instead of curved feathers and shorter and wider feet instead of the super thin ones.




Each card has the same cardstock base, similar dimensions, same 2 shapes for the accent background papers, same sentiment and patterned paper, and same bird and patterned paper.

Layout designs were kept again very similar with the one using the blue-gray with off-white floral cardstock altered to show more of that designer pattern.

Inside panels had similar colors or paper or tapes used from the front along with the same xoxoxo stamp for a simple message.


These trio of sympathy intended cards are going to a trio of sisters, a set of my first cousins who suffered the sudden death of a 30 year old daughter (or niece) about a week ago. My first cousin once removed was hospitalized on a Friday night with pneumonia and died on Sunday morning less than 48 hours later. It's been a shock for her immediate family and into our extended family. Thoughts and prayers, my cousins!

Make sure to check out all the fantastic design team inspirations at the blog using the link shown above. Linking up for participation is about to close so there will be a new color combo challenge released within about 24 hours or less for you to keep in mind as you are crafting or internet surfing.

Until next project, Becca





No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.