Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Sunday, August 5, 2018

First Saturday of the month means a color theme challenge at HIMCR post 364

What's summertime without some cute birds splishing and a splashing in a birdbath?




Hiding in My Craft Room has set up first Saturdays of each month to have a color theme challenge and for #364 August 4, Laurie (blog owner) would like our paper-crafted creations to use 3 colors. I'm going to stretch this a bit to have butterscotch and kraft brown to be 1 color plus grays and greens. HIMCR's badge and post link to get all the details about participating as a crafter, seeing the other DT crew's inspirational creations, get link to the prize sponsor/DT provider of images, and much more can be found here:





The prize sponsor for #364 plus DT crew's images provider:



Design notes:
a. patterned papers are a combination of old (birdhouse print paper) and new (yellow, white, and gray diagonal striped paper)
b. inside sentiment stamp is Stampin' Up
c. cover's sentiment letter stamps were purposefully twisted to keep with the splish-splash messy theme!
d. digital image from Sweet n Sassy Stamps has been color-filled with a combination of markers and colored pencils with the sentiment stamping and doodling borders added by me
e. next week's HIMCR theme for 2nd Saturday will be scraps and this card would work for that if it wasn't for a DT crew card and having a different sponsored image to work with; inside=scrap gray cardstock and the birdhouse print paper; cover= birdhouse cut-outs and butterscotch marbled cardstock behind the image are scraps
f. I kept to the color scheme pretty well except blue for water & droplets and the cover's stamped letters. I can't have green water in the birdbath?!!!?! yucky! Had to have it as blue. :)

More photos:






Still crafting in the USA heartland, Becca S

2 comments:

  1. Cute card - love the inside too!
    Fabulous make for Hiding in my Craft Room!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! Glad to have you visit my blog "from across the pond"!!! Most of my ancestry is from the UK, so can I just claim you as a cousin?!?!!!

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.