Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, July 8, 2011

100th blog posting= lucky me thank you card

For this card creation, I'm combining forces to meet requirements for Ribbon Carousel's #10 challenge for cut and paste (old term) or paper piecing (new term) and for Paper Wishes message board's mid-June sketch challenge (no time limits).

For Ribbon Carousel's Challenge #10, I cut out 3 hearts from one pattern paper for the leaf parts of the clover and a smaller heart from a different pattern paper for the center. I also used a coordinating pattern behind the main cardstock clover. The center of the stem also has a lighter tone cardstock. Ribbon Carousel also required that you use something from a spool which for me is the yellow sheer ribbon.

For Paper Wishes sketch challenge, I tweaked the layout a bit with the oval cut-outs being used as the punched holes with ribbon bows. I also tweaked the focal/greeting area and had the "lucky me" hand-written on the clover stem as a secondary greeting. To me the main greeting is the extra stamped "thanks so much". The inside view, features more heart cut-outs. PW also requires that you use a majority of their products. I used their 4 pattern papers and yellow heart brad.

I'm very pleased with the results! I like the repeating colors, several coordinating swirly papers, and clean design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.