Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas 2017 postcard minis

In late October to early November, I got the urge to start crafting again in order to help motivate me to keep working on my recovery. You know, get out of bed; get moving; get something accomplished beside sleep and eat.

I knew with our limited budget (due to our triple traumas/dramas) that I would need to buy a few things every 2 weeks or so and slowly re-build my stash of craft supplies. In Wal-Mart I found blank 3" x 5" index cards in heavyweight cardstock. I knew they were under-sized to be mailed as a postcard but the simplicity of size and lack of bulk appealed to my circumstances in temporary displacement to a rental house.

A friend from church gave me a gift of set of 6 stencils of a Bible journaling from American Crafts about the same time.

So with purchases of markers and colored pencils from Dollar Tree, I started looking at the stencil set with creative imagination on how I could use individual letters from words and some of the shapes.

I made about 15 Thanksgiving or thankful for you types to mail or give to people that had given us money to help pay for my medicines or medical bills or housing needs or made visits to hospital, etc.

Then I got about 10 Christmas and about 7 New Years themed ones created. Most have been mailed. The few left are to be mailed or given in the next few days were photographed last night and will be blogged about today. (Have to see New Years blog post later.)

Creative re-imagination: pennant used on 1 card but I inverted it and only traced 3 to make trees (or they could symbolize 3 wise men) for the other 3 shown. The stencil set had a mini journal page set up for sermon notes and the date back-slash lines were used to help space for dating.

Here's Thanksgiving/'thankful for you' selection:

"Thankful and 'u'" were traced out of different words provided in the Bible Journaling set.  I really like the mix of font styles! It makes it time-consuming but fun and interesting creatively.

As the saying goes "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade". Well life handed me quite a lot in a matter of 2 1/2 months and I'm trying to start with the seeds to plant a lemon tree!!!!!!!

Blessings from the blessed to be alive,
Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.