Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Thursday, December 21, 2017

New Years Day postcard minis

In the USA, postcards need to be at least 3.5" deep and I believe it is 4.5"+ width to be mailed.

These heavyweight cardstock blank index cards aren't quite there in depth so I call them postcard minis.

I only decorated one side to simplify thinking and planning compared to how to do the more traditional format of folded card style.


A few moments ago I posted a few that I had still of what I had made for Christmas Day and that blog post also has a photo of what I did in November for Thanksgiving or thanks for you themed. Go see it to compare what I did with the very limited supplies I had just 1 1/2 months ago.

Since early November, every 2 weeks, I've been trying to re-build my craft stock mostly through creative finds at Dollar Tree, Dollar General or Wal-Mart. I'd been saving a $10 gift card to Hobby Lobby from LAST Christmas and finally used it about 2 weeks ago to buy 2 bundled packs of clearance scrapbook papers by The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby at $3.99 each and I also bought a cardstock paper pad of Mint Berry by The Paper Studio at $8.99. So I had to pay some in cash. The clearance packs were a gamble because I could only see the top paper's design. The Mint Berry cardstock had a range of coordinated colors and patterns from mid-gray to red to pink to a celery/mint green and floral variations. These gambles also have been part of my personal drive to push myself in a creative mindset. This is all part of my recovery of health and spirit.

Here are a few variations of what I've designed for New Year's celebrating:

The arrow and flag/pennant stencils are from the same Bible Journaling set from American Crafts received as a gift as well as the different font styles of letters pulled from different words on the 6 small sheets.

Stay tuned. I still need to blog about yesterday's Advent ATC for Day 20 that I made. Then I got to make lunch and get started on Day 21's ATC as well as next week's design team inspiration for HIMCR blog.

Crafting in the heartland and blessed to be alive,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.