Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

PPCCB 376 using Delicious Doodles image

Happy home xoxoxo


Delphiniums are delightful! Quite the analogous range of greens, blues, and violets with light gray, charcoal gray and some browns tones in the stems of the delphiniums are what I selected and also reflect our home's happy interior!!


I've put the framed art on my home computer printer for now. And the light lavender walls and cute little metal pail are complemented by this beauty:



The delphinium image is from Delicious Doodles and half the team uses their images:


They are also sponsoring a prize so be sure to go to the PPCC post using the link to get all the details on what the prize(s) is and how to participate: http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/2018/04/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-376.html


Visit the blog post to see the other wonderful creations made by the design team. Both sponsors provided floral images so the paper crafting is beautiful.

And the 2nd prize sponsor and provider of images to half the design team this week is Fred She Said Designs. This is their badge:


With so much within the 5" x 7" frame, it's hard to tell but I did follow a sketch for shapes and their placement: 
This Serendipity Sketch that was posted in January 2018 has come in handy. I scaled the size, ratios, eliminated a rectangle and a flag-tail rectangle and then moved the left circle over to the right side behind that circle. Title got moved onto the full circle. Plus the little varied hearts border type stamp got inked onto 3 different locations to add to the happy/love theme.

So beautiful!!!


Makes my heart happy!


Paper are ready and inked (but still had to make some sizing adjustments and re-inking when arranging everything)


Frame got switched later because I broke the glass! It got shifted when putting in the art and when I pressed down not realizing this and heard the crack. Ugh! Luckily I had another frame nearby. The layered flower embellishment was too thick to have on/inside the frame plus too many items fighting for space in the 5 x 7. I had tried sticking the flower embellishment on the outside frame but that was still too much. I'm trying so hard to edit!!!! Granted a 8 x 11 would have been better scale wise but I only had the smaller in my work area that was ready to use.

The important thing is I love the results. As I'm typing this post I look to my right and I see the beautiful delphiniums and their multi-hued petals and it makes my heart smile! --Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.