Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Saturday, May 19, 2018

HIMCR #353 third Saturday of the month special theme focus of masculine

This week at HIMCR blog we are having a masculine and/or Father's Day theme focus for challenge #353.



1. This card turned out so stinkin' cute with a whole range of light to medium to dark blue values! What special guy do you have in your life to paper-craft for? And remember at HIMCR, it doesn't have to be a card. You could create a tag, a party invite, a decorated gift bag, home décor/framed for a son's bedroom or male graduate, etc. In the U.S. in mid-June, Father's Day is celebrated, so that could be your masculine focus. Both my father and father-in-law have passed, but thankfully SNS provided the DT with an airplane image that came with a birthday sentiment as well as 2 other images and I quickly signed up for the airplane.


2. Due to the overall dimension of my card at 4" x 6" and wanting to have some patterned paper on the cover panel, I chose to divide the image between cover and inside panels.


3. Above is HIMCR's ID badge. To get all the details about how to participate, the prize offered, the prize sponsor (this week is SNS), and to see the rest of the design team's inspirational creations, use this link for the post of #353: http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2018/05/himcr-353-masculine-or-father-day.html


4. Above is Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' ID badge. Post #353 will give you links to SNS.


5. The sketch layout that I followed (mostly!) is shown both in the above photo and below. I did use it turned to the left 90 degrees and eliminated the vertical stapled strip and twine from the ribbon type tag. The ribbon got reduced in depth. The twine got moved to the top edge. The hearts became clouds made from a coordinating paper to the striped paper across the bottom edge. Instead of notebook looking paper, I used a graph/grid card (available from Pen + Gear). Instead of a full patterned paper background, I chose to split and just have the patterned paper as a bottom border strip. I am very happy with the interpretation using the provided image and sentiment.


6. This layout design sketch has an unknown source. I saw it shared in the Facebook group 100 Pattern Paper Challenge.


7. The above photo was captured before I did some editing. I felt after selecting so many blue papers and cardstock that there wasn't enough blue on the airplane. Two navy blue stripes were added to the side of the airplane to minimize the red-orange. Maybe you didn't even notice that?!?!!!

I don't have anyone in particular for this card. My nephews are 25 and 13. Might hold it for the 13's next birthday in December...hmm.

Still crafting the U. S. heartland, Becca

4 comments:

  1. Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the feedback and the fact that you consistently link to HIMCR. Thanks for supporting my blog and theirs, too!

      Delete
  2. I just love boy cards and this one's a treasure Becca! Brilliant design and fun patterns & color scheme. I know my son would love it. <3 Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn: I appreciate the feedback. I've recently gotten access to some craft stockpile that was hard to get to in storage after moving 1 1/2 years ago and the whole situation was complicated with a house fire last August and a 5 month relocation as well as serious medical issues for both my husband and me. So I'm really enjoying having access to more patterns! Thanks for taking time to comment.

      Delete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.