Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

PPCC blog #379 anything goes theme

Moosey with Christmas tree...is the name of this cute image


DT's images are courtesy of Pink Gem Designs and they are this challenge's prize sponsor. Use the link below to go to the blog post and get all the details to participate, links to the sponsor, and links to the rest of the DT crew's blogs.


Photo above is card shown on PPCC's blog (Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges).



This was my first attempt but wasn't happy with the layout interpretation so I used a different sketch for the card shown at top.

PPCC's blog link for challenge #379: http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/2018/05/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-379.html




Pink Gem Designs provided the whole DT crew with images for this particular challenge! Thanks, PGD! http://www.pinkgemdesigns.com/catalog/



This card sketch is from Page Maps' Card Maps May 2018 selection and one of four horizontal layouts. I used it for placement inspiration for the top card using Moosey with Christmas Tree. I used a sheet of notebook paper like the sketch. Instead of 1 sentiment, I've used 2 words I like to have included with my Christmas cards--joy and love, which are featured topics for Advent season; however I've taken liberties with positioning and having a word on each side of Moosey.


This second card sketch is also from Page Maps' Card Maps May 2018 selection and is one of four VERTICAL layouts. For my first version/2nd card shown above, the sketch was turned to the left. The tag was divided to have the image of Moosey where the birds would have been. Joy is where the sentiment is indicated. The scalloped border under the birds is represented by the green gems border line. Parts of this I like and others I don't so that's why I made a different one to feature on PPCC's blog. Link for Page Maps: http://www.pagemaps.com/cardmaps



This photo is a close-up of the PGD image I picked. I like the cross hatch coloring on his nose and belly. I like the contrast of 'joy' being stenciled and 'love' being a glitter stick-on. The triangle journaling stickers make an awesome modern geometric tree on the left side.

Last week's and this week's PPCC design team inspiration cards were made while my husband was in the hospital. I colored the images while sitting in the recliner next to his hospital bed. I had a notebook that I put flat items into (image, layout sketch, cardstocks, and sticker sheets) and a zippered pouch that I put bulky items into (decorative tape, colored pencils, decorative scissors, glue stick, black gel pen, etc.) When I needed space to put the cards together, we would walk down the hall to the family waiting/vending machine/aviary room and I would use a small round dining table to craft. My husband would sit next to me and watch the birds. He spent 4 1/2 days in there. This was his 5th hospitalization since late October 2017...and his 4th mild heart attack!!!! Yes. I'm super lucky to still have him walking on this earth. Please add him to your prayers. I would like to have more time with him. His first heart attack 20 years ago was just 2 years and 1 month after we had married. God's extended his life many times and I hope He continues to add on more years.

Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.