Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Friday, February 8, 2019

CKC Blog Feb 2019 kit forgeries made into pocket cards

It's the little things...like faking aging of white cardstock using eye shadow makeup...yes, I did!!!



Above: 2 corner pockets ready for a mixed format scrapbook page; forgeries were made to look like 1800s-era naturalist book entries

Below: the reverse sides are ready of the 'zoological' forgeries

Design note: 3 of the 4 patterned papers are from The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby and the 1 wood grain with mossy green under the owl is a very old paper I've been saving an L-section scrap of that was just wide enough to mat behind the owl!!!


Below: this was how my forgeries started and were featured in a reveal post a few days ago


Next: before cutting apart and trimming, this is what the sheet looked like after about 30 minutes of applying different glitter eye shadow colors with sponge applicators--


Then the 'pocket cards' were mounted to different patterned papers from the February 2019 kit that I titled "Bodacious Botanicals":


Below: is the inspiration collection collage photo picked by Julene, a Master Forger (design team member) from CKC blog for February 2019's challenge..."Anthology" by Kaisercraft...this is why I've been trying to create some copy cats:

Link to Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog post from 2/4/2019 about Forgery on the Fourth=
https://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/02/february-2019-forgery-on-fourth.html



Close-ups to compare my fakes to the above inspiration collection:





If you need motivation to scrapbook again and stop hoarding your piles of pretty papers then click on the link and see what the fuss is all about.

Now with these forgeries, I've started backwards because photos or story to tell were not my starting point, it was these pocket cards. So I've got to finish their pages with some awesome nature-related photos and/or souvenirs! I like what I've done so far! Let's keep fingers crossed that I can do creative justice to these beauties!!!

Becca S...from the USA heartland and with a final shout-out to 100 Pattern Paper Challenge on Facebook because the printed papers used to mat behind the pocket cards are from my 2019 pile. It's a starter pile, a combination of 12 x 12s, 8.5 x 11s, and a whole lot of scraps.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pockets. It's all about getting inspired and using our stash, so starting with the pockets versus the papers it's all good. Happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the pics picked, so now it's just a matter of sitting down and playing with paper and/or mini kit for these out of the full kit. Thanks, Cindy, for keeping tabs on my CKC postings!

      Delete
  2. Well, that is a first! Eyeshadow! How perfect that is and one I'd never have thought of! These cards are really cute and are perfect for the inspiration kit Julene picked out

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.