Paper crafting is works of heart

Paper crafting is works of heart!

Monday, October 31, 2022

Autumn Harvest Art Journal Page

Welcome to Becca's Heart for Creativity blog! My heart's needing some creative time today! My soul needs some uplifting. I drove my mom to one my cousin's (her niece-by marriage) home about 75 minutes away on Saturday for an open house memorial for her oldest son who died of cancer in late September out in Arizona. I was 14 when her son was born. He was the first for his generation and he was adored from the moment when found out she was expecting him. I leaked tears and lots of drippy nose to wipe throughout the afternoon trying to keep a happy face as I was hugging my cousins and their children. Late last night I was replying and messaging to this 2nd cousin's widow who had received a 2nd card that I've sent to her in the past month. I'll have to send another one soon. And to her in-laws, my grieving cousin and her husband. 

But meanwhile, I wanted to do some messy creative randomness along with using recycled kraft cardstock packaging. 

So Thankful Autumn Harvest Art Journal page=






NOTE: the zig-zag marks are actually orange glitter paint pen; I didn't think it was neon but the scanner light has bleached it out to a very pale peach/blush color against the kraft cardstock.

_______________________

this is not for any design team commitment!! wowzie!

Challenge blogs and Facebook groups to share/link=

A. Use Your Stuff challenge blog; #470; just started; My journal page has orange glitter paint pen used in zig-zag lines on 1 side and dot marks and a smear on the smaller piece; there's lots of black ink used in smearing the small ink pad around/pouncing it, and for stamping; there's also gold, antique/green gold, a bit of red, and a bit of pink paint

link= http://useyourstuff.blogspot.com/2022/10/challenge-470-halloween-or-blackorange.html

B. Crafting Happiness Challenges blog; just a few hours left; NOT A CARD option is anything goes; MY entry is this art journal page

link= https://craftinghappinesschallenges.blogspot.com/2022/10/135-halloween-all-month-long.html

C. Cupcake Inspirations challenge blog; current is anything goes

link= https://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.com/2022/10/cupcake-inspirations-challenge-556.html

D. Mixed Media Creativity group; stamping, pouncing and smearing with different stamp pad inks, also a bit of pink acrylic paint, some orange glitter paint pen that the scanner bleached out to a very pale peach/pink/blush; recycled kraft cardstock packaging; washi tapes; staples; 

__________________________

Crafting in the USA heartland,

Becca S

**I'm on 7 design teams and own 2 challenge blogs!!!


8 comments:

  1. Isn't it frustrating when the photos don't show the true colours - I am sure it must be very sparkly IRL
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and orange!--for more autumn hues! Thanks for taking time to comment!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a lot of fun. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!!

    Nora
    DT CIC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art therapy is amazing way to fill back up. So sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to share with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. Love it. Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Kanan - DT

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for visiting my blog.